Electrical Electronics and Power Department
The department of electrical engineering was established in the year 1987 with an intake capacity of 30 students affiliated to SRTMU,Nanded. Due to remarkable growth in all aspect the intake capacity of the department has been increased to 60 students in the year 2013.
The department strives hard to provide an environment to its students to inculcate self discipline high integrity and good personality so as to become technically competent professionals to serve as valuable resource to the society and industry.
The department captures and reflects the institute’s mission by providing unsurpassed student centered teaching and learning Quality based teaching and learning methodology is adopted by the staff members to develop technical expertise and skill of students.
The department has well equipped laboratories with state of the art equipments made with an investment of **** lakhs and a separate computer lab with software that includes PSCAD, MATLAB, Pspice, Latex, Keil Simulator . It also has projector equipped Seminar Hall and its own departmental library.
The department has a Association of students “Power” under which various activities such as technical Paper & Poster presentation, Aptitude and other software workshops are organized in every year thereby enhancing leadership skills teamwork and technical abilities of the students.
Through TPO (Training and Placement Officer Cell) in-plant training is provided to the students in top industries like BHEL, Reliance power. Department organizes various Technical Expert Workshops and skill development programs by inviting eminent personality from premiere institutes and industries to boost the technical competency of students.
VISION & MISSION
Vision: To achieve excellent standards of quality education by keeping pace with rapidly changing technologies and to create technical manpower of global standards with capabilities of accepting new challenges.
Mission: To prepare ethically proficient technocrats through propogation of technical knowledge, design skills to foster lifelong learning for prosperity and well-being of profession and society
Goal of the Electrical (Electronics and Power) Engineering is to provide students with preparation to become worthy of professional careers in the field and to be motivated for lifelong learning. All prescribed courses have definite objectives and outcomes.
At the end of the program the student will be able to:
• Apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering to solve the complex problems in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
• Identify, formulate, design, analyze and implement an electrical and electronics system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
• Design system components that meet economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, and sustainability requirements.
• Conduct investigations of complex engineering problems including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
• Construct, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern simulation tools to solve complex electrical and electronics circuits.
• Apply contextual knowledge to assess social, health, safety and cultural issues and endure the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
• Utilize core engineering knowledge in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context for sustainable development.
• Solve professional, legal and ethical issues pertaining to core engineering and its related fields.
• Function effectively as a team member or a leader to accomplish a common goal in a multi disciplinary team.
• Communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
• Apply knowledge of engineering and management principles to manage projects effectively in diverse environments as a member or leader of a team.
• Engage in independent and lifelong learning for continued professional development.
Faculty (Permanent:07 Adhoc/Other:00 Total:07)
|Sr.||Name||Designation/Dept||Qualification||Experience||Email Address||Area of Specialization||Image|
|1||Prof. PATTNAYAK C A (H.O.D.)||Asst. Prof. HOD||M.E. (P.S.)||23 Yearsemail@example.com||Power System
|2||Prof. MANTRI L. R.||Asst. Prof.||M.E. (EMD)||33 Yearsfirstname.lastname@example.org
||Electrical Machines and Drives
|3||Prof. Bhogde A. C.||Asst. Prof.||M.TECH (Electrical Power System)||11 Yearsemail@example.com
|4||Prof. VYAVAHARE R S||Asst. Prof.||M.E.||13 Yearsfirstname.lastname@example.org
|5||Prof. Pate P.V||Asst. Prof.||M.E. (Power System)||6 Yearsemail@example.com
|6||Prof. Mitkari M.M||Asst. Prof.||M.Tech. (Control System)||1 Yearfirstname.lastname@example.org||Control System
|7||Prof. Bedarkar K. S||Asst. Prof.||M.E. Control System||6 Yearsemail@example.com
|Sr.||Name of the Lab|
|1||Electrical Machines Lab|
|2||Electrical Measurement Lab|
|3||Electronic Devices Lab|
- Departmental library for the student
- Computer Lab with internet facility
- Seminar hall with projector
- Softwares like Matlab is available In the lab
- Department has five separate laboratories.
- All faculty members are activity involved in different research activities.
- Al most all faculties have research paper publication on their credit in journals & international conferences.
- The students based all 3 ranks of university since last 17 years
- Department structure:
- No. of class room - 03
- No. of Laboratories - 05
- No. of computer lab - 01
- No. of seminar hall - 01
- No. of departmental library - 01
- MATLAB with various tool bars
- P Spice
- Keil simulator